Are you currently suffering from gapped teeth or commonly known as “diastema?” then you are one of a million people who suffer from this type of dental flaws. People do have a different point of view about the gap between teeth, for some it is fashionable yet for some it is truly disgusting. Gaps between teeth occur for many reasons like the following below:
1. Mismatch size of jaw bones and the size of the teeth.
2. Oversized labial frenulum- the one that attaches to the center of the upper lip and between the upper two-front teeth.
3. Thumb sucking tends to create gaps because it pulls the front teeth forward.
4. Natural development of the teeth
5. Missing tooth
6. Too small teeth
7. Extra teeth
These are the common reasons why the gap between teeth occurs; most of it is the cause by nature. Teeth problems are common to every person in the world, whether what life status do you have.
Closing teeth gap can be done through a cosmetic procedure or by the natural phenomenon. In many cases, the gap may close by itself, specifically for kids. However,, there is a still great percentage of having it up to grown-up years. Gaps between teeth brought several complications such as:
1. Self-consciousness – most people who have gapped teeth tend to be conscious, especially when they smile. In fact, some even avoid public appearance to run away from critics and worst it can be the main cause of a psychological problem.
2. Misalignment of the teeth – our teeth do shifting constantly as we grow. The present of the gap gives enough room to move the teeth resulting to misalignment.
Through the help of science, those people who suffer from gap can now have the chance to smile naturally. Today, there are now lots of alternatives to close the teeth gap. Check out the following dental treatments below:
1. Dental bands – this is one of the most effective solutions to close gaps; dental bands are made of plastic polymer. It doesn’t require any extensive dental procedure. The duration of treatment depends on the length of the gap.
2. Snap on smile – it is dental appliances that can be worn by a patient about create an illusion of a straight perfect smile, yet this is only a temporary solution.
3. Veneers – a restorative material placed over the tooth surface.
4. Braces – this is the conventional dental solution to close the teeth gap. Traditional teeth braces are made of metal wires. The latest and most convenient brace is the invisalign or commonly known as invisible braces.
So, you have now an idea what to do with the teeth gap, but there is still one more thing you need to know the financial assistance. Teeth problem is common to all, yet not all people can afford the treatment if you are one of them consider applying for a dental insurance plan to support your dental charges. Talk to your dentist or any dental health professional before you take the action to achieve a beautiful and perfect treatment.